Friday, March 23, 2012

Getting Ready

Tomorrow our new laminate flooring for the main living/dining area gets installed.  A few before pics of the 20 year plus carpeting that is leaving:

Looking towards the dining room; living area to the right.

I won't miss this eyesore that we have tried to hide under a rug and furniture for years.

Nor this embarrassingly worn and stained part of the dining room leading into the kitchen. The throw rug keeps you from stepping on the tack strip that is poking through.  The installers will move all our big furniture but we spent an hour or so this evening clearing all the small stuff and emptying out furniture.

Mini helped me with the sideboard. 

The flooring has been delivered and acclimated and we expect the installers around 9 a.m.  I'm hoping to be able to share a finished floor by dinnertime.  Very excited!


9 comments:

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Very cool, what a nice home improvement this will be. I love Mini!! :)

Anonymous said...

Fun to get a home uplift.

Abby and Stephanie said...

Where will Mini hide when the flooring folks arrive? I love laminate flooring. I have it in my sewing studio. Can't wait to see photos of your updated space. :o)

Lee said...

Happy for you to be getting rid of your 20+ year old carpeting (mine needs to go to, but one thing at a time). Kitties are always helpful when it comes to housework, moving things, etc. She looks so cute in that cupboard. I'll check in later to see the end result :)

Candace said...

You're gonna love not having to vacuum carpet anymore, Annie! I know from experience (wink)! If Mini is anything like our Sophie, it will be an "adjustment" and some cute entertainment while she gets used to running around on it!
Cheers!

Libby said...

You are going to LOVE not having carpet! We went to hard flooring over 10 years ago and I just wouldn't want to go back *s* Can't wait to see what you've chosen.

Shay said...

I noticed when we changed from carpet to floorboards (and then to tile ) how much bigger everything seemed. Plus it's so much easier to take care of.

Cant wait to see the transformation!

One Minnesota Quilter said...

I'm happy for you and your new flooring. It will be a nice change I'm sure. We had hardwood flooring in our last few houses and have carpet now. I would go back to the hardwood in a heartbeat.
Judy

*karendianne. said...

Oh how exciting. I'm thrilled for you after all these years. What a treat my friend. What a real treat. I can't wait for the "after" photos.

Isn't Mini the best helper? I'll bet she's really interesting when the installation happens!

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...